slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Ashley
22 || KUL

Travel & beauty enthusiast. I live for hojicha lattes, mountain views, the aching pain after a good weightlifting day, warm hugs and brunch on Sundays.

"give everything but up"

Connect With Me

social media icons 2

Search

Klook

Klook.com

category 1

Travel

category 2

Beauty

category 3

Food

Taobao Haul with Links!!

I am a regular Taobao shopper and I get almost everything from there like clothes, bags, phone cases, stationery, ice makers, cosmetics organisers and the list goes on! If you don't know what is Taobao, I gotta say, you've been living under a rock... let me Google that for you.. My shopping experiences with Taobao have been pretty good all these while. There were some poor quality clothes but they were super cheap so I didn't mind and just wore them at home. I also had a broken item once but they sent me another free one after that.

So recently I bought another batch of things from Taobao again and I am quite happy with the items I got. I normally use Taobao's official direct global shipping because I'm too lazy to deal with agents and they have pretty affordable rates. My shipping fee from China to Malaysia was RM45 because I got a lot of things this round and they were quite heavy. I got my things 9 days (7 working days) after placing my orders, 4 days for my things to reach the warehouse and 5 days (3 working days) for them to get from China to my doorstep. Here's what I purchased this round (with links provided!!):

Suede Laptop Sleeve



One of my favourite purchases is this dusty rose suede sleeve for my new 12-inch Macbook. I love how it matches my rose gold laptop and it's super thin so it doesn't add much weight. It uses magnets to open and close and I really like that gold metal plate which makes it look much more classy. They have two other textures, regular PU and litchi PU. There are many other sellers selling the same thing with a lower price but this shop had the most good reviews and they give a free keyboard protector, a pouch for cables and velcro cables ties for every purchase. They were suppose to give free dust protectors too but I didn't get them. I don't really need them anyway since my Macbook only has one USB-C port and one headphone jack. 

Price: RMB40 // MYR24.40


Colour Pens



I'm a really "visual" person so I always like to add colours when writing my own notes. My Stabilo Fineliner colour pens ran out of ink (been using since high school) and I thought they were expensive (RM2.10/pen) so I decided to buy from Taobao instead. I got a box of 12 gel colour pens and they are much more affordable with great quality. They're so smooth to write but they do smudge a little probably because too much ink comes out when I write. 

Price: RMB13.90 // MYR8.50

Multilayer Folder


My old folder already started to tear so I thought it was time to get a new one. I got one with 5 pockets to keep my uni handouts and printed notes/slides organised and separated according to subjects. This one is super simple, not too bulky and it isn't too heavy. Other than 5 pockets, they have folders with 8 and 12 pockets. This shop also sells other types of folders and cute stationery.

Price: RMB9.60 // MYR5.85

Sling Bag



This is another one of my favourite purchases in this haul. It's a small to medium sized beige sling bag. I love how the chain strap is padded at the shoulder part so it wouldn't hurt when I'm wearing off-shoulder or sleeveless tops. It's also quite spacious inside and I can put a lot in there (19cm X 10cm X 15cm). It's easy to open and close as it uses a magnet. This shop sells many other cute and chic handbags at affordable prices.

Price: RMB36 // MYR22

Product Shooting Props

These marble backdrops you see from the photos above are also from Taobao! I also got some props  which are sold in a set. It includes a mini flower bouquet, photo cards, paper plates, feathers, a big leaf, a bottle and a white cloth. I'll be using them to take product photos for my upcoming beauty reviews. This shop sells all sorts of props and backdrops for different product shooting themes, they even have props for food photography! 



Double-sided Marble Backdrop (54cm X 84cm) 
Price: RMB7.80 // MYR4.80

Props Set
Price: RMB29 // MYR17.70

Clothes

- Gingham Skirt



This gingham flounce skirt is the cheapest piece of clothing I've got this batch. I've seen many other shops in malls selling this exact skirt at four times the price. The quality isn't too bad but it's a little too short at the back and it's really inconvenient when I wanna bend down so I have to wear shorts under the skirt.

Price: RMB15.98 // MYR9.75
Link

- Off-Shoulder Floral Cropped Top



This top was definitely made for petite girls because of how small the fitting is, even for me (I'm normally an XS). I have to wear a tube under this top because the middle part of the top would open up when I wear it. It's also too short for me so I'll have to pair it with high waisted bottoms.


Price: RMB24.48 // MYR14.90
Link

- Chiffon Blouse with Trumpet Sleeves


This blouse looks nicer in the pictures than in real life (probs because I haven't ironed them, will update when I wear them out). I got it in apricot colour. It's a chiffon button-up blouse with medium to long trumpet sleeves. The quality of the cloth isn't too bad but I hate how I have to iron them.

Price: RMB31.94 // MYR19.50
Link

**These 3 pieces were bought from the same shop which sells super affordable clothes I mean look at the price of the items I bought, they're all below RM20!! Their quality is pretty good too and they have new items posted everyday.

- Off-shoulder Floral Dress



I've always wanted a nice holiday dress like those I always see on travel Instagram accounts. I finally found an affordable one on Taobao, it's this beige off-shoulder long dress with floral prints. It has a slit in the middle of the dress to show-off some legs. The prints look darker in real life than in the pictures but there isn't too much difference.

Price: RMB59 // MYR36
Link

- Dark Red Chiffon Blouse





My favourite piece of top from this haul! The quality of this is great and comfy, I love the trumpet sleeves and the strings on the collar. It's super easy to match this top with and I can wear it in so many different occasions because it's not too formal and not too casual or exposed.

Price: RMB29.98 // MYR18.30
Link


So that is all for what I got in this round of Taobao shopping. I got all of this for only RM177 (yess it's super cheap for 11 items) !! Let me know if you enjoyed this, I'll do more Taobao haul posts in the future when I shop again. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Barn @ Mid Valley
If you're looking for a wine and dine place in Kuala Lumpur to hangout with your friends and f…
Vietnam 9D8N Itinerary: Part One - Hoi An, Da Nang
The first thing people tend to say when I said I went to Vietnam for 9 days was "Why did you …
Eat All You Can at Pak John Steamboat & BBQ - Review
Who doesn't love eat-all-you-can buffets? If you're staying near Putrajaya area, you can t…
Glamfox Fluerissant Lip Glow & Fluerissant Lip Gloss Review
Having pale and dry lips at the same time is the worst because I want to put on my favourite lip c…