slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Ashley
22 || KUL

Travel & beauty enthusiast. I live for hojicha lattes, mountain views, the aching pain after a good weightlifting day, warm hugs and brunch on Sundays.

"give everything but up"

Connect With Me

social media icons 2

Search

Klook

Klook.com

category 1

Travel

category 2

Beauty

category 3

Food

The Barn @ Mid Valley

If you're looking for a wine and dine place in Kuala Lumpur to hangout with your friends and family, you can try out The Barn Wine Bar. I recently tried out the branch in Mid Valley which is located on the Ground Floor at the outdoor area of the mall, next to Old Town White Coffee Basic.


The restaurant bar is not hard to find since there's a big bright sign of it's name at the entrance, with part of the wall made of wine bottles which I find very unique. 


The lights inside are quite dim which makes guests feel cozy, but still bright enough for dining. It's a huge space with many tables that are suitable for small and large groups. There's also a small stage for live performances. They have so many different types of wine kept in stock, there are shelves and barrels on every side of the wall to keep their wine.




I think it's really cool that they have a smoking room for guests to smoke and drink where they also display their cigars for sale and store some of their wine. 



They have a wide selection of drinks to choose from, other than alcoholic drinks, they also have coffee, tea and other non-alcoholic drinks, but since we were at a wine bar, wine was the obvious choice.

We tried out their house wine
They serve many different types of dishes, from Western to Asian, so you'll definitely find something that suits your taste. 

Their food menu:






You can see their full menu here.

One of their best-selling dishes is the Meat Lovers Platter RM92. It consists of crispy pork belly a.k.a. XIUYOK, grilled magro, dynamite chilli chicken sausage (could be too spicy if you don't take spicy food), smoked chicken cheese sausage, chicken wings, luncheon fries & pork satay. It's A LOT of meat on one plate, so I would suggest that this is more suitable for a group of 5 people and above if you also want to try out their other dishes, unless you're big eaters. I think the pork satay is special since we usually only have beef or chicken satay. I also love how the pork belly is really crispy like how they claimed.






If you're craving for Malaysian cuisine instead, they also have Bak Kut Teh RM35. It's my first time seeing BKT being served in a restaurant bar, I was pretty impressed. It comes with bean curd skin, yao mak, pork stomach, pork ribs and enoki mushrooms and it's served with a bowl of fragrant rice. There are many different cooking styles but I personally prefer BKT with darker broth that has strong herbal taste. The herbal taste wasn't as strongly flavoured as I usually like it but it's still flavourful enough that I couldn't stop myself from drinking. I was happy to find a few pieces of pork stomach in there since usually you'll have to order it additionally. 



Another one of their best-selling dishes is the Flaming Pork Spare Ribs RM62. The pork spare ribs are glazed with orange barbecue sauce and flambé with whisky, served with fries and seasonal vegetables. I think the flames are just for presentation purposes, I don't really taste any whisky but I think it's special, I've never had pork ribs served with flames before. The barbecue sauce was very flavourful, and the meat was soft and easy to cut off from the bones. It's a pretty big slab and you might feel jelak if you eat too much of it so I'd recommend sharing it among 3-4 people.



A meal is not complete without dessert! We had Crème Brûlée RM19 and Chocolate Lava RM25. I actually never tried crème brûlée before this so I wasn't sure what to expect. It's moderately sweet and not overwhelmingly flavourful. I did feel quite heavy having this but it was probably because I was already full from all the meat. The chocolate lava was served with vanilla ice cream and cut strawberries. I was happy seeing the chocolate ooze out when cutting the cake because I have been disappointed many times before to see the chocolate harden inside the cake. It was freshly made and the cake was still warm and it paired really well with the vanilla ice cream. The chocolate was sweet but not overly rich so I enjoyed it very much despite feeling stuffed with all the food I had already taken.




Overall it was a very satisfied meal. The staffs were friendly and the service was great. I'd definitely recommend to give this place a try! Other than in Mid Valley, they also have branches in Citta Mall, Pavilion KL, Desa Park City, Sunway Pyramid, 1 Mont Kiara and Gurney Plaza. 


The Barn Mid Valley
Ground Floor, G(E) 009, Lingkaran Syed Putra, Mid Valley City, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
03-2202 2838
11am - 12am daily

Comments

Popular Posts

The Barn @ Mid Valley
If you're looking for a wine and dine place in Kuala Lumpur to hangout with your friends and f…
Vietnam 9D8N Itinerary: Part One - Hoi An, Da Nang
The first thing people tend to say when I said I went to Vietnam for 9 days was "Why did you …
Eat All You Can at Pak John Steamboat & BBQ - Review
Who doesn't love eat-all-you-can buffets? If you're staying near Putrajaya area, you can t…
Glamfox Fluerissant Lip Glow & Fluerissant Lip Gloss Review
Having pale and dry lips at the same time is the worst because I want to put on my favourite lip c…