slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Ashley
22 || KUL

Travel & beauty enthusiast. I live for hojicha lattes, mountain views, the aching pain after a good weightlifting day, warm hugs and brunch on Sundays.

"give everything but up"

Connect With Me

social media icons 2

Search

Klook

Klook.com

category 1

Travel

category 2

Beauty

category 3

Food

My Beauty Masks Review


I was given 13 free My Beauty masks two months ago from The Butterfly Project, a Malaysian bloggers' community group (shoutout to Tammy for arranging this!!). I'm only posting my review now because I wanted to wait for my photo props to arrive from China (Taobao haul post coming soon!!) to take these products with.

My Beauty masks are from My Product Company from South Korea. There are three different types of masks, Rice Sheet Mask, Ginger Gold Hydrogel Mask and Red Ginseng Gold Hydrogel Mask. I was given 5 pieces of each of the gold hydrogel masks (USD25 for 5) and 3 pieces of the rice sheet mask (USD9 for 3). These masks are free from harmful chemical and substances. They are free from the following ingredients: formaldehyde, paraben, sulfate aminem mineral oil, benzyl alcohol, silicone, coal tar dyes and animal-derived ingredients. 

I've always preferred hydrogel masks more than regular sheet masks and I would only spend more than RM10 on a piece of mask if it is a hydrogel mask. My face absorbs the serum/essence better with hydrogel masks and they never leave my face sticky after removing them. My Beauty hydrogel masks claim to nourish the skin more effectively with its state of the art technology. They contain 12.5ppm of 99.9% pure gold which has anti-aging properties.

Red Ginseng Gold Hydrogel Mask


Red ginseng helps to prevent skin-aging due to the phytonutrients that it contains. These help to stimulate and activate the metabolism of the skin. Ginseng also helps to increase the production of collagen which will make your skin firmer and give elasticity to the skin. After using this my skin looks more vibrant and brighter, giving that dewy and glowing look.

Ginger Gold Hydrogel Mask


Ginger contains antioxidant properties which help to prevent skin ageing. It helps to soothe the skin and get rid of blemishes and acne. Using skincare containing ginger will help to give you an even tone and radiant skin. I do feel my skin being softer and more hydrated after using this mask.


These jelly-like hydrogel masks are separated into two pieces, the upper part of the face and lower. They are protected with a layer of plastic and paper. 


These two hydrogel masks are easy to absorb and they aren't too watery so they don't drip. They give a really nice relaxing and cooling sensation when I put them on and they make my skin feel hydrated after taking them off. However, they don't really fit my face (probably because I have a small fes) and they tear really easily even when I was being super gentle. They also don't really stick to my skin that well, the jaw part keeps falling off so I have to lie down really straight when using. Remember to not waste the left over serum and apply it over your neck and arms!


Rice Sheet Mask



Rice has many beauty benefits such as giving you soft and smooth skin. It helps to treat acne and soothes inflammation on your skin. The rice extract used in skincare will also give you brighter skin and provide hydration for you face. This works just like any other normal sheet mask for me. My skin feels smoother and more hydrated the next morning. It's less easier to absorb compared to the hydrogel masks and leaves a bit of stickiness after removing but it doesn't tear as easily.


Thank you once again The Butterfly Project and My Product Company for these masks! I wasn't paid for this review and all thoughts and opinions shared are my own.

Comments

Popular Posts

The Barn @ Mid Valley
If you're looking for a wine and dine place in Kuala Lumpur to hangout with your friends and f…
Vietnam 9D8N Itinerary: Part One - Hoi An, Da Nang
The first thing people tend to say when I said I went to Vietnam for 9 days was "Why did you …
Eat All You Can at Pak John Steamboat & BBQ - Review
Who doesn't love eat-all-you-can buffets? If you're staying near Putrajaya area, you can t…
Glamfox Fluerissant Lip Glow & Fluerissant Lip Gloss Review
Having pale and dry lips at the same time is the worst because I want to put on my favourite lip c…