slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Ashley
22 || KUL

Travel & beauty enthusiast. I live for hojicha lattes, mountain views, the aching pain after a good weightlifting day, warm hugs and brunch on Sundays.

"give everything but up"

Connect With Me

social media icons 2

Search

Klook

Klook.com

category 1

Travel

category 2

Beauty

category 3

Food

K-Beauty Haul Part 3: Masks

There are so many different types of masks in the skincare market - sheet, wash-off, peel-off, rubber, clay etc. I got myself a few different types from different brands while I was in Korea, hoping I'll find something for my dehydrated skin. Here are the reviews of some of my favourites among them:

Missha Airy Fit Sheet Mask

pc: Missha Korea
Sheet masks are the cheapest among all the types and they are so cheap in Korea because they are always having 5+5 or 10+10 promotions. I bought nearly 50 pieces of sheet masks from different brands and I felt this one was really good.

During my last trip to Seoul I bought Pure Source Cell Sheet Mask and Embo Gel Mask from Missha and I really loved them. They don't leave the sticky after mask feeling and my skin feels super smooth for a few days after I use them. So when I saw that Missha was having a 5+5 promotion for their sheet masks, I bought 10 pieces of the Airy Fit Sheet Mask (their pretty packaging caught the most of my attention). They were only KRW500 (less than RM2 after promotion) for each piece!!

Just like their other masks that I've tried, they did not disappoint! They have three types, water, ampoule and cream type. I think the only difference is the consistency of the serum, all of them can be easily absorbed by the skin. These sheet masks are unlike the other regular sheet masks, they don't feel like the normal paper type that tear easily. They stick nicely to the skin and doesn't slide off or move easily. The mask fits to the face perfectly to help for better absorption. After removing, my face feels so hydrated and smooth for the next few days and I could really see my skin glowing!

Skinfood Black Sugar Strawberry Wash-Off Mask



This is a variation of the Skinfood Black Sugar Wash-Off Mask which I've wrote about before in my 2016 Korean beauty haul. The original version has been Skinfood's best seller product for many years and they have been coming out with different variations of it. If you haven't heard of this product before, it's an exfoliating mask which claims to remove dead skin cells, leaving the skin clean and smooth. It's one of my all time exfoliating product because it does such an amazing job at scrubbing off my dry skin flakes.



The Strawberry Black Sugar Strawberry Wash-Off Mask (KRW8,800) gives pretty much the same effects as the original one but there are some differences. It has lesser sugar beads and more of strawberry seeds which are finer, making it not as rough as the original one. I don't have to dampen my face before applying it like how I do with the original one. It's also softer and has thinner consistency which makes it easier to apply onto the skin. I love its strawberry scent so much, its so sweet and I'd definitely eat it if it's edible!


I normally use it at night after cleansing and leave it on for about 15 minutes before washing it off, then continuing with my night skincare routine. My skin always feel so clean and smooth after using it and it's hard for me to stop touching my face after that!

Nature Republic Real Nature Ginger Clay Mask


There are three different flavours for the Nature Republic Real Nature Clay Mask - ginger for oily skin, peppermint for sensitive skin and ginseng for dry skin. I got myself the ginger one since I have oily skin. I got it from a subway station in Seoul and they were having a promotion so I bought this product for only KRW4,400 (less than RM17) !!


Besides ginger, another key ingredient of this product is lemon. It works just like a normal wash-off clay mask, you apply it evenly to your face and wait for 10 minutes while it dries up and hardens then wash it off with lukewarm water. It's also kind of an exfoliating mask, it has finely ground walnut shell, peppermint leaves and raspberry seeds that help to remove dead skin cell. It has a nice ginger-ish scent and it gives a cooling feeling when applied on to the face. After washing it off my skin feels really soft and my pores tightened. I think many Nature Republic stores have closed down in Malaysia but you can still find them from Shopee or Kbeauty sellers on Instagram for RM25-RM30.

Banila Co Hi Bye Clean Up Mud Facial Mask



Banilo Co's Hi Bye is a skincare series focusing on pore and sebum problems. Besides this mud mask, they also have toner, sebum controlling essence, exfoliator etc.



This is one of my favourite things to put on my face. Like the Nature Republic Real Nature Clay Mask, apply it evenly on the face and wait 10-15 minutes for it to dry before washing it off with lukewarm water. It also has fine particles that scrub off dead skin cells when you massage it on your face. It's more watery than normal  mud masks and it spreads out easily on the skin. When applied it gives a soothing cooling sensation which tightens the pores. It helps to deeply cleanse the pores and remove impurities, leaving the pores unclogged and refreshened. The main ingredients are beraclay, peppermint, witch hazel and green tea. It claims to control excess oil, tighten pores and reduce blackheads. My skin does feel smoother and less oily for the next few days after using. It is advised that you use it twice a week but I only use it once a week or every two weeks, which explains why I haven't noticed any long term improvements yet.

So that's all for my favourite masks from my K-Beauty haul. Stay tuned for the next part of my haul!

Comments

  1. hi ashley. may i know what camera do u use? pretty pictures indeed! nice blog. im a new blogger here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you. I was using Canon EOS 1100D :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

The Barn @ Mid Valley
If you're looking for a wine and dine place in Kuala Lumpur to hangout with your friends and f…
Vietnam 9D8N Itinerary: Part One - Hoi An, Da Nang
The first thing people tend to say when I said I went to Vietnam for 9 days was "Why did you …
Eat All You Can at Pak John Steamboat & BBQ - Review
Who doesn't love eat-all-you-can buffets? If you're staying near Putrajaya area, you can t…
Glamfox Fluerissant Lip Glow & Fluerissant Lip Gloss Review
Having pale and dry lips at the same time is the worst because I want to put on my favourite lip c…