slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Ashley
22 || KUL

Travel & beauty enthusiast. I live for hojicha lattes, mountain views, the aching pain after a good weightlifting day, warm hugs and brunch on Sundays.

"give everything but up"

Connect With Me

social media icons 2

Search

Klook

Klook.com

category 1

Travel

category 2

Beauty

category 3

Food

Snacks to Buy from South Korea

Other than skincare and make up products, Korea is also a paradise for snacks. You will feel like grabbing everything from the snack shelves once you enter the convenience stores in Korea. Other than convenience stores, you can also get these snacks from supermarkets such as Lotte Mart (where I got these from). Here are some of my favourites:

Market O Real Brownie

pc: buykorea.org

This is the BEST brownie I've had in my life, definitely a must-buy when you visit Korea. They're homemade style brownies, dense, fudgy and extremely delicious! They are available in boxes of 4 or 8 pieces and it's cheaper to get them in Lotte Mart than convenience stores. They've also introduced a green tea flavoured brownie recently which is also really yummy but it still doesn't beat the original flavour.

Yakult Yogurt Jelly

pc: 11street.my
Available in 3 flavours, original, apple and strawberry, these yummy and chewy gummies come in the shape of tiny Yakult bottles. Even the packaging is also in a shape of a Yakult bottle. They are products of 7-11 so you probably won't find them anywhere else other than 7-11 which you can find in almost every area.

Roasted Seaweed

pc
These crispy and salty roasted seaweed are super addictive. You can eat them alone as snacks or have them with rice or porridge to add some flavours. There are many different brands you can choose from and you can usually get them at supermarkets for a very low price. I got mine for KRW9,000 (RM34) for 32 packets in Lotte Mart which was super cheap!

Smoky Bacon Chips
pc: Koryo Mart
I couldn't resist getting this when I saw "bacon". These bacon flavoured chips are also another addictive snack that you won't stop munching on. It tastes just like crispy smoked bacon and I would've bought more to bring home if my hand carry luggage wasn't full already.

Ramyeon




pc: yummy bazaar


Aka instant noodles, Korean Ramyeon is the best food for supper. There's a wide selection of Korean Ramyeon with different flavours such as cheese and kimchi for you to try. Some of the famous ones are Samyang (the noodle for the popular spicy Korean noodle challenge) and Shin Ramyeon which are also available in Malaysia but it's cheaper to get them there of course.


Osulloc Tea

pc
Osulloc is a tea company with its tea plantation located in Jeju Island. Its blended teas have very unique flavours such as tangerine, citron and flowers like camellia. I'm a tea person and I love drinking tea so it was tough for me to have to choose from so many flavours. I decided to go with camellia flower blended tea and green tea with pure orchid. Both taste really good and I really love their fragrant smell. Their packaging is also really pretty but it'll be cheaper if you get the paper box packaging. Besides tea, they also sell green tea spread, green tea ice cream and cake, green tea chocolates and other tea products. Osulloc's tea is only available in their retail shops and I got mine in Lotte Mall in Busan. They are way more expensive than regular tea, I don't remember the exact price but it was around RM80 for two boxes containing 10 teabags each after tax refund.

Soju

pc: Serious Eats
Lastly, it's Korea's famous alcoholic beverage, soju, which is Korean rice wine. It's heavily consumed by Koreans and you can find them anywhere. My favourite occasion for soju is during a Korean BBQ meal but I usually drink flavoured ones such as peach, blueberry and grape. They are super cheap especially when you get them from supermarkets (only KRW1,000-KRW2,000!!!) and usually supermarkets in Malaysia sell them for at least RM15.

So these are some of my favourite food/drinks I bought from Korea. Hope you'll love them as much as I do when you try them out during your next visit to Korea!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Barn @ Mid Valley
If you're looking for a wine and dine place in Kuala Lumpur to hangout with your friends and f…
Vietnam 9D8N Itinerary: Part One - Hoi An, Da Nang
The first thing people tend to say when I said I went to Vietnam for 9 days was "Why did you …
Eat All You Can at Pak John Steamboat & BBQ - Review
Who doesn't love eat-all-you-can buffets? If you're staying near Putrajaya area, you can t…
Glamfox Fluerissant Lip Glow & Fluerissant Lip Gloss Review
Having pale and dry lips at the same time is the worst because I want to put on my favourite lip c…