slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Ashley
22 || KUL

Travel & beauty enthusiast. I live for hojicha lattes, mountain views, the aching pain after a good weightlifting day, warm hugs and brunch on Sundays.

"give everything but up"

Connect With Me

social media icons 2

Search

Klook

Klook.com

category 1

Travel

category 2

Beauty

category 3

Food

Netherlands Part I | Amsterdam, Zaanse Schans


I arrived and left Europe through Amsterdam Schipol Airport so I spent my first and last few days of my trip in Netherlands. I went to different places all over the country as I had a total of 5-6 days over there. The people there are so friendly and nice, most of them speak English well which makes it so easy to communicate, and their public transportations make travelling around the city so convenient, I think it's one of the best countries I've visited!

Amsterdam

I spent my first day roaming around Amsterdam, the capital of Netherlands. This city is so beautiful it doesn't look like a real place. I felt like I was in a theme park or a movie set, too unreal! Incredibly beautiful canals and Dutch canal houses are seen everywhere in the city of 1500 bridges. Amsterdam is the most bicycle-friendly city in the world with it being an important mode of daily transport, bicycle lanes are everywhere and you can't walk around without avoiding a bicycle. There's so much more in the city besides the canals like branded clothing stores, galleries, restaurants and coffee shops that sell cannabis. Smoking weed is legal in the country so the smell of weed is very strong in areas with many coffee shops.


One of the many beautiful canals in the city



Dam Square is a town square in Amsterdam which is rectangular in shape. There's the Royal Palace, 15th-century Gothic New Church, the department store De Bijenkorf and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum.





Royal Palace





Floating man
Delicious churros!
Tents on the opposite are from the flower market! 



Boats for the cruise city tours



Tried the fries and they were so tasty !!
Cannabis ice cream, coffee, cookies and brownies are sold publicly !





Burger for dinner!
Zaanse Schans

Windmills are the icons of Holland. On my second day in Netherlands, I visited Zaanse Schans in Zaandam, a neighbourhood that has many historic windmills and traditional houses which have been very well maintained. We walked around the outdoors for free but some museums and windmills require entrance fees.


These windmills were used to produce oil, paint, paper and many other products in the 18th and 19th centuries.









residential houses with people living in them!





Watch my video of my visits in Amsterdam and Zaanse Schans:


Stay tuned for Part II where I'll be sharing about my visits in Giethoorn and Keukenhof during the last few days of my Europe trip!

Comments

Popular Posts

The Barn @ Mid Valley
If you're looking for a wine and dine place in Kuala Lumpur to hangout with your friends and f…
Vietnam 9D8N Itinerary: Part One - Hoi An, Da Nang
The first thing people tend to say when I said I went to Vietnam for 9 days was "Why did you …
Eat All You Can at Pak John Steamboat & BBQ - Review
Who doesn't love eat-all-you-can buffets? If you're staying near Putrajaya area, you can t…
Glamfox Fluerissant Lip Glow & Fluerissant Lip Gloss Review
Having pale and dry lips at the same time is the worst because I want to put on my favourite lip c…