slide code

Social Media Icons

Photo

Ashley
22 || KUL

Travel & beauty enthusiast. I live for hojicha lattes, mountain views, the aching pain after a good weightlifting day, warm hugs and brunch on Sundays.

"give everything but up"

Connect With Me

social media icons 2

Search

Klook

Klook.com

category 1

Travel

category 2

Beauty

category 3

Food

Importance of Sunscreen | Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence


There's a great amount of people who don't apply sunscreen, and even I didn't use it until I've started making it part of my skincare routine earlier this year. I've always thought that a little sun exposure when I'm walking out to have lunch or when I'm driving every day wouldn't do any damage to my skin. I believed that sunscreens are only necessary when you have outdoor activities like doing sports or going to the beach. But even when I had outdoor activities, I still didn't have any sun protection because I was lazy. It wasn't until my facial beautician told me I have uneven skin tone due to sun exposure that I realised how important applying sunscreen is.

Having an even skin tone isn't the only reason to use sun protection, it's important to use sunscreen daily even if you aren't spending your whole day outdoors. The two types of ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun which are UVA and UVB are harmful to the skin. They may penetrate and damage the skin, causing brown spots, skin discolourations, wrinkles and premature aging. Applying sunscreen is not only for your beauty purposes but also for your health as it helps to reduce the risk of skin cancer.

Sunscreens should be applied every day, not only when you are going out as UVA can penetrate through glass and onto your skin through your window. They should be applied even on cloudy or on cooler days as the UV rays still pass through the clouds and are just as strong and damaging especially in Malaysia where it's hot and sunny all year round (BOOOOOO).

The sunscreens I've used before felt too oily and they left my skin with a white cast. They were too heavy and they made me feel uncomfortable, not to mention the smell was too strong. I did a little googling, read reviews, watched videos and spent hours on online beauty stores looking for the right sunscreen and found the Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence. Many beauty Youtubers and Bloggers recommended this product and its ratings on online stores were high so I decided to get it from Hermo Malaysia. I got it at RM30.70 for one tube containing 50g of product.


ingredients: Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Grandis, Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance.
Before I received it I thought it would make my face feel greasy like any other sunscreen would. I was surprised when I tried it because it feels so much better than how I expected it to be. It has a nice and fresh citrus smell which fades quickly after application. The texture of this sunscreen is watery and non-sticky. It's lightweight and it gets absorbed into my skin very quickly, without leaving me with a white cast. Moreover, it doesn't make my skin feel or look greasy especially that I have very oily skin. It makes my face feel cool and hydrated, sometimes I even skip applying moisturiser because of how moisturising it feels. However, the high amount of alcohol in it may be too drying for those with dry skin so it's still important to apply moisturiser before the sunscreen. It also acts as a good makeup base, which allows my makeup to go on smoothly even without a primer.


The product has a UVB protection of SPF50+ which means it provides 50 times more protection to your skin than when you have no sunscreen on. It has a UVA protection of PA++++ which is currently the highest rating of protection achieved in Japan. It claims to have hydrating effects while protecting the skin from UV radiation.

I absolutely love this product! It's almost invisible on my skin, gives a high amount of protection and it's also super affordable! I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a light sunscreen that gets absorbed quickly and wouldn't mind the alcohol it contains. I use it everyday in my morning skincare routine after moisturiser and before applying my makeup. It's available in many health and beauty retail stores or you can also get it online from many Malaysian online beauty stores.

Comments

Popular Posts

The Barn @ Mid Valley
If you're looking for a wine and dine place in Kuala Lumpur to hangout with your friends and f…
Vietnam 9D8N Itinerary: Part One - Hoi An, Da Nang
The first thing people tend to say when I said I went to Vietnam for 9 days was "Why did you …
Eat All You Can at Pak John Steamboat & BBQ - Review
Who doesn't love eat-all-you-can buffets? If you're staying near Putrajaya area, you can t…
Glamfox Fluerissant Lip Glow & Fluerissant Lip Gloss Review
Having pale and dry lips at the same time is the worst because I want to put on my favourite lip c…